Proud mommy moment!
I have been working on getting my son on a schedule. So far I thought nothing was working. I have a crazy lifestyle. From my husband wacko job hours and hanging out with friends. E has not had a steady routine. I read most mommy blogs to see where I was going wrong or what else I should add. Being a Early EDU major you would think I would have this pack down tight. Well we are not all perfect.
I Started with a Bath, I let him play for about 20 minutes tops. He just loves the water. Then we give him a lotion massage. He love to play with his hands during this time. Once his night diaper is on we just let him play a little either with us or in his crib. I give him one last bedtime feeding.
To me this is the "perfect" routine. It works best with our lifestyle. However, we do end up running late because of traffic or dinner dates. I am also at that stage where a babysitter is just out of the question. He is too young to be left alone for more than an hour. We thought after a month of this routine he would get it down pack. Nope, my theory is that he is still too young to sleep through the night. The next thing I looked at what timing. What time did I start his bedtime routine. I had a hard time around six or seven. He was just too tired to take a bath or even sit and play. He cried through mostly everything. I then started pulling it early for him. Bath at five, sleep at six. And it worked!!! He started sleeping in till 12, a few times till 2! I was beyond relief. Not because I was tired or sleep deprived. Being a stay at home mom I get the chances to sneak in a few naps in my self. Because He need to sleep more. He hates napping any where but in his crib or my bed. So his naps don't last more than 30 to an hour long. I was going crazy with this.
Then one night he did it! He slept thru the night! Lately he has been going done all by himself. Thumb sucker soothes him down. What i did different was took a very early bath at 4. Yes, super early. I did not put on a night diaper because it was so early, so I let him play and went down for a small nap. Then a six woke up for some play, gave him a massage and feed him. Magic happened! Nine came and went, twelve came and went. Two am i woke up shock and scared. I ran to his room to see him sucking on his thumb and sound a sleep. We will see if this works again. Wish us luck! Good luck to anyone with this. It gets easier!
I Started with a Bath, I let him play for about 20 minutes tops. He just loves the water. Then we give him a lotion massage. He love to play with his hands during this time. Once his night diaper is on we just let him play a little either with us or in his crib. I give him one last bedtime feeding.
To me this is the "perfect" routine. It works best with our lifestyle. However, we do end up running late because of traffic or dinner dates. I am also at that stage where a babysitter is just out of the question. He is too young to be left alone for more than an hour. We thought after a month of this routine he would get it down pack. Nope, my theory is that he is still too young to sleep through the night. The next thing I looked at what timing. What time did I start his bedtime routine. I had a hard time around six or seven. He was just too tired to take a bath or even sit and play. He cried through mostly everything. I then started pulling it early for him. Bath at five, sleep at six. And it worked!!! He started sleeping in till 12, a few times till 2! I was beyond relief. Not because I was tired or sleep deprived. Being a stay at home mom I get the chances to sneak in a few naps in my self. Because He need to sleep more. He hates napping any where but in his crib or my bed. So his naps don't last more than 30 to an hour long. I was going crazy with this.
Then one night he did it! He slept thru the night! Lately he has been going done all by himself. Thumb sucker soothes him down. What i did different was took a very early bath at 4. Yes, super early. I did not put on a night diaper because it was so early, so I let him play and went down for a small nap. Then a six woke up for some play, gave him a massage and feed him. Magic happened! Nine came and went, twelve came and went. Two am i woke up shock and scared. I ran to his room to see him sucking on his thumb and sound a sleep. We will see if this works again. Wish us luck! Good luck to anyone with this. It gets easier!
Comments
Post a Comment